Ahead of the Festive Period, new Guaranteed Irish Member Bulmers Irish Cider are sharing the recipe for their delicious Mulled Cider to spice up your Christmas.
Here's what you'll need:
- 2L Bulmers Cider
- 4-5 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 4 orange peels
- 2 apples, cut in rings & wedges
- 6 cloves
- 3 stair anise
- 3 cardamom
- 1/4 nutmeg, finely grated
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 vanilla pod, halved
- 2 clementine's juice
Here's what to do:
- Pour the Bulmers cider into a large pan on a low heat and let it warm through for a few minutes.
Add all the spices & fruit and turn the heat up.
Once boiling, turn down to a simmer and leave to tick away for 5-8 minutes.
- As everything infuses, you'll get the layers of flavour.
Taste it and add a little more sugar as you like.
You don't want it sweet; you just want the sugar and spices to have a nice flavourful balance.
When you're happy with the flavours, ladle into glasses or mugs and serve warm.
- To keep warm, place in a Soup Bain.